Football Federation Samoa is seeking to appoint a Competition Manager.
To manage and organize all sporting activities held by the Football Federation Samoa (FFS) as maintaining all club records and files.
The successful candidate should have proven experience in planning and managing of sports or athletic activities. Be a strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to be ‘hands-on’ in the delivery of FFS initiatives. The candidate should be fluent in both written and verbal Samoan and English.
- Develop in conjunction with the Technical Department a calendar of events
- Develop and maintain a good report with all associated clubs and stakeholders of FFS.
- Coordinate and manage public relations activities between the Federation, , referees and the general public
- Oversee delivery of effective press operations at matches
- Management of all aspects of the competition for FFS
- Keep, maintain and file accurate information all the information related to competitions
- Responsible for planning and executing all football competition events for FFS.
- Responsible for the club licensing initiative.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (desirable)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships (essential)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (essential)
- Ability to multi-task, good planning & organisational skills. (essential)
- Exceptionally organized and excellent time management skills
- Excellent record keeping and reporting skills (essential)
- Previous work and experience in a similar role (desirable)
The position is full time, based at the FFS offices in Apia. The position holder will be required to carry out additional work outside of normal office hours and in different locations, domestically & internationally.
Deadline for applications: 22nd September 2017. Applications should be supported with letter & curriculum vitae and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the FFS Offices in Tuanaimato.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to relevant background checks and at least two professional / personal references to the satisfaction of the FFS.