To increase fan engagement and raise the profile & promote a positive image of the Football Federation Samoa through media & key stakeholder activity.
The successful candidate will have proven experience creating media programmes or be willing to learn quickly in a fast paced environment. A strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to be ‘hands-on’ in the delivery of new initiatives, they will possess a strong understanding of how the fans digest information and what motivates support for Samoa football. The candidate should also be fluent in both written and verbal Samoan and English.
• Develop and implement media and communication strategies in conjunction with the respective departmental Heads and CEO
• Implement promotional programmes advertising matches across all media platforms to maximise attendees
• Coordinate public relations activities (writing press releases, organising press conferences, etc.) to promote the Federation, the teams and related activities
• Oversee delivery of effective press operation at matches
• Coordinate social media activities to create a buzz about the related activities and ensuring all new media opportunities are exploited
• Deliver content for frequent website updates & filming / editing FFS TV clips and optimising future on-line developments
• Writing and editing in-house publications, case studies, speeches, articles & reports
Skills & Experience Required
• The ideal candidate will be passionate about Samoa and the future of Samoa Football and sport in general
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, good planning & organisational skills.
The position is full time, based at the FFS Headquarters in Apia. The post holder will be required to carry out additional work outside of normal office hours and in different locations, domestically & internationally.
Deadline for applications: 19 February 2014. Applications should be supported with letter & curriculum vitae and sent to email@example.com or delivered to the FFS Offices in Tuanaimato.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to relevant background checks and at least two professional / personal references to the satisfaction of the FFS.